Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fail Part 2!

I mentioned awhile back that I had finished a painting for and auction that I'm very excited to be a part of, but that it just didn't come out the way I'd hoped. Actually it was a complete failure. Well I decided to dust myself off and find a little time to try an entirely different take on the painting, this time using a technique closer to my comfort zone and well, I failed again!

This one is much better, but still not good enough.


I tell you it's one thing to try again, but trying a third time takes some doing, It's really frustrating to fail twice at something that takes so much time and effort to do, but I'm glad to say that after this painting I took one last shot at it and that third painting was a success! Unfortunately I can't post that one until after the auction this summer, but I'm very happy with it and I'll be sure to post it as soon as I can. Third times a charm!

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker