Sunday, February 22, 2009

This Weeks New Yorker Caption Contest

Here is my entry in this weeks New Yorker Caption Contest. Each week they provide the image and you provide the caption.

"I figured out a way to fit all four cats into my new studio apartment."



Here's the leftovers...

I don’t think they’ve realized that the trench coat fell off as soon as they walked in the door.

I think there’s going to be an earthquake.

Looks like it takes at least five cats to change a light bulb.

No, the cats love the new baby.

If you guys can hold that pose for two more minutes, I’ll give you the sausage on my shoulder.




And here is this weeks Hilarious nominees!



















"Here's to Little Miss 'Don't You Touch My Hat.'"
Submitted by Kevin Forhan
Seattle, Wash.


"She should have told us the fruit was real."
Submitted by T. J. Tu
Douglaston, N.Y.


"I didn't expect to gain weight on this cruise."
Submitted by Andrea B. Hollingshead
Manhattan Beach, Calif.

I entered...

"At least the fruit is real; I wish I could have said the same about the rest of her."

I'm starting to think I'm pressing the wrong button when I enter this thing. Oh well, better luck next time.


3 comments:

MichaelMJ said...

Steered away from the totem pole references?

Caveat Production said...

To obvious I think.

Rain said...

The trench coat one made me guffaw. An actual "Guffaw!" I think that's a good thing.

eXTReMe Tracker